- Why does hunger persist and how can we overcome it in the world?
- How can we ensure a sustainable food supply for generations to come?
- How can we ensure a dignified life and work environment for farm families and farmworkers? How can we help rural communities survive and thrive?
- How do we sustain land, water, and other natural resources in the service of the common good?
- How do we build resiliency into agricultural production that currently depends on cheap fossil fuels and abundant water supplies?
- How do we prepare for impending climatic disruptions?
Part 1 of the interview can be found here.